7 Manicures Perfect for Autumn Weddings
Are you planning on having an autumn wedding? Have you considered what your manicure will look like for your wedding? We hunted down the best manicures that are perfect for autumn weddings.
Before you have your manicure, there are steps you should take to make sure your nails are wedding ready.
Manicures Perfect for Autumn Weddings Prep
• Know your manicurist. Don’t try out a new shop or person the day before your wedding. Make sure you know the quality of work your manicurist preforms.
As you probably already know, there are tons of bad or basic manicurists. You want someone to give you OMG autumn wedding nails and not leave you with unflattering, lopsided or painful nails for your big day.
Make sure your manicurist knows about your wedding and have her write wedding next to your appointment in the book. I’d also tell her you will tip her extra. While this may be a little gaudy, tips are a big part of their income and she will be sure to show up on your big day.
• Don’t try a new nail shape. We use our nails for everything. Changing your slightly square to the pointed nails might cause a lot of injuries to you (and your groom) while you get used to them.
• Tending to your cuticles. Your cuticles are your eyelids of your nails. They keep your nails protected from infection. Before you walk out the door for your manicure, soak your nails in warm soapy water for 15 minutes. Take a cuticle pusher and very gently push back your cuticles.
• Bring your own manicure kit. This is a good practice all around; but especially for your wedding.
Some upscale salons will actually store your supplies there for you.
You want the following in your kit:
- Fingernail and toenail clippers
- Cuticle stick
- Nail buffers
- Nail files
- Glass file
- Callus buffers
You can call ahead and ask your manicurist if she/he can recommend certain tools and brands for your kit. Your salon may even sell the tools for you to purchase.
• Seal cuts. If you have any cuts on your hands, use a liquid bandage to seal them before heading into the salon. You don’t want to chance of infection. Nail salons, no matter how clean, can harbor many bacteria and viruses.
• BYOP – Bring your own polish! Match your polish to your dress or find a complimentary color and bring it with you. Opt for a good brand that your salon regularly carries so you won’t receive any push back from the salon.
• Don’t leave before your nails are 100% dry. Seriously. It will mean that you will probably sit an extra 20 minutes at the salon than what you are used to. Plan for the extra time. This especially holds true if you are also having a pedicure at the same time.
Also don’t wear clothes with zippers or buttons. Going to the bathroom can damage your nails before they are fully set (which takes several hours).
Manicures Perfect for Autumn Weddings Inspiration
Follow nail influencers like Taryn Multack for even more nail inspiration.
Coordinating everything can be hard and difficult to organize. This is where I come in. I can help you with all aspect of your wedding. Click here to book a consultation to see how I can make your wedding planning less stressful.
Photo credits: visitperthcity.com and nailartpatterns.com